Are you not be able to upgrade to Windows 10 then here is the complete guide to uninstall Dell Data Protection Encryption. Once you remove this software completely then you’ll be able to upgrade to new window completely otherwise you’ll see different errors.
What is Dell Encryption / Dell Data Protection Encryption?
DELL has launched lots of products in the market and Dell Data Encryption is one of those. Dell encryption is basically used to encrypt your laptop, pc or external storage device data to protect the data from web attacks and to provide adding layer of security to it.
In simple words Dell encryption is a software that locks and encrypts your confidential data so that the hackers won’t be able to see anything useful even if they breach the computer firewall as the data is in encrypted form.
You might have noticed some of the hard disk in your office requires a password to unlock. If you are not be able to unlock, the data inside the disk is like a garbage as you won’t even understand.
Dell Data Protection Encryption Benefits
There are lots of benefits with Dell Data Protection and some of the them are listed below.
- Powerful Encryption algorithm that keeps your data safe and secure.
- Keep your valuable data password protected to keep it safe from unauthorized users.
- It supports all Microsoft Operation Systems (Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10)
- Software based centric data encryption technology.
How to Uninstall Dell Data Protection Encryption
Dell Protection security comes with a lot of tools and these set of tools encrypt your entire data. If you don’t know what are these tools, you’ll get with Dell Protection bundle then here are the list.
Dell Encryption 64bit
Dell Encryption Management Agent x64
Dell Data Security
These 3 set of tools provides powerful backup to your existing data. But sometimes people want to uninstall Dell Protection Encryption because of a limitation that, it won’t let you update your Window. If you are currently using Windows 8.1 then you can’t upgrade to Windows 10 until you uninstall Dell Data Protection software.
If you want to get rid of Dell data protection then you have to remove it from your system and delete all directories and temporary files. Here is the complete uninstall guide for different window versions.
How to Uninstall Dell Data Protection Windows 7
If you are using Windows 7 then you can remove Dell Data Encryption from the control panel. You can follow the step-by-step guide below.
- Click on Start tab and then select Control Panel
- Go to Programs and select Uninstall a Program.
- You’ll get a list of installed software and now you need to search for Dell Data Protection
- Select it and then click on Remove the Program
- It will take a few seconds to remove Dell Data Protection completely from your Windows 7. You’ll also get a confirmation message once its uninstalled.
How to Uninstall Dell Data Protection Windows 8.1
If you are using windows 8.1 then there are basically two methods of removing Dell Data Protection from your system.
Using Prebuilt Dell Uninstaller
Every installed copy of Dell Encryption comes with an installer available on the root folder of the installed software. For windows 8.1 you can reach the root folder through C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\Dell Data Protection\Data Security Uninstaller
Once you double click on the uninstaller, you’ll see a new window for uninstalling the software. Just keep on clicking Next tab until you see a message that Dell Encryption is successfully uninstalled.
You can remove the software through control panel. Follow below steps.
- Press the Windows button on the keyboard and search for the app you want to uninstall.
- Select the app and click on uninstall tab available bottom centre of the screen.
- Once you click on the uninstall, control panel will be opened.
- Check if the correct application is selected and then click on Uninstall/Change
- Once you click uninstall, the uninstall wizard will start and remove the Dell Data Protection Encryption from the Window.
How to Uninstall Dell Protection Encryption Windows 10
Windows 10 is the latest operating system by the Microsoft. Windows 10 is highly protected and secure as compared to previous version of Windows after XP.
If you are using Windows 8.1 then Dell Data Protection won’t let you to upgrade your window 8.1 to 10. If you don’t want to use Dell data encryption software then you can follow below guide.
1. Click on the Windows tab available on the bottom left corner of the screen and then search for Control Panel
2. Select Programs>>Uninstall a Program
3. Select the software you want to uninstall.
4. Once selected click “Uninstall” and follow the on-screen instructions.
5. Software is uninstalled from your system.
6. Restart the computer
People Also Ask (FAQ)
How Do I Uninstall Dell Encryption?
The process is simple. There are multiple ways to delete or uninstall any software from the system. Sometimes deleting Dell Data Protection Encryption from control panel is not enough as you need to delete all files and folders associated with the software. Just search the location of the installed Dell Encryption and then delete all files.
How Do I Uninstall Dell Data Protection Encryption Mac?
If you have this app installed on Mac then the first things you should do is decrypt the files and folders using Dell Data Protection software and then uninstall it through Finder>>Locate App>>Drag is to bin.
Decryption will take some time as it depends upon the quantity of data encrypted.
What is Dell Encryption?
Dell Encryption is a software that helps you to secure your files and folders by encrypting and locking the data with a password. So, it will block the attacks from unauthorized users.
Dell Encryption Removal Agent
Removal agent are the key to uninstall the program. You can use the Dell official uninstaller from the root directory.
Disable Dell Data Protection
If you want to disable dell data protection then you should decrypt the files and folders linked with Dell data protection. Once it’s done, you can right click on the secured device and then select disable
How to Manually Uninstall Dell Data Protection Encryption?
For the manual process you can uninstall it through the control panel and then deleting all its directory files one by one. At last empty yours recycle bin.
Cannot Uninstall Dell Data Protection Encryption
If you are not be able to perform the uninstallation process then some of the files are missing for Dell data protection. You need to do installation of the same version of the software and once its successfully uninstalled, you can start the uninstallation.
Dell Data Protection Encryption Uninstall Tool
There are lots of tools available on the web for uninstallation. You just need to open the uninstaller; select the software you want to uninstall and then click ok. It will take 1-2 minutes to get rid of installed apps.
but I recommend you to perform manual approach first as you’ll learn the depth of system management.