MacAfee Endpoint Protection is among the top 10 powerful antiviruses that protects your machine from malwares and viruses. MacAfee Endpoint Protection is very reliable on windows but on Mac iOS, they slow down the system significantly. If you are a Mac user wants to uninstall MacAfee Endpoint Protection for Mac then you can process with our tutorial.
Uninstall MacAfee Endpoint Protection for Mac with Terminal
1. First of all, you’ll have to open the terminal window where you can paste the following code.
sudo /usr/local/McAfee/uninstall EPM
2. A password window will pop up and you’ll to give the password for the execution of this code.
3. The above code uninstalls 4 different addons for MacAfee Endpoint Protection.
4. Once you get the successful message on your terminal, you need to delete the Agent services and scripts.
5. Run sudo /Library/McAfee/cma/scripts/uninstall.sh and wait for the successful completion of the uninstallation.
These are the steps required for the complete installation of MacAfee Endpoint Protection. It is always recommended to have a good antivirus software installed on your machine otherwise your Mac will be on risk and malwares and virus can trigger the security of your system.
Uninstall MacAfee Endpoint Protection for Mac Without Password
With the above method, it is mandatory to provide the password while uninstalling MacAfee and if you can’t provide, the uninstallation process stops. With the following code, you can easily bypass password for MacAfee.
You need to run the following commands and make sure you have Admin access on the system otherwise this won’t work.
rm -f /Library/LaunchAgents/com.mcafee.menulet.plist
rm -f /Library/LaunchAgents/com.mcafee.reporter.plist
rm -f /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.mcafee.ssm.Eupdate.plist
rm -f /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.mcafee.ssm.ScanFactory.plist
rm -f /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.mcafee.virusscan.fmpd.plist
rm -rf /Library/Application\ Support/McAfee
rm -rf /usr/local/McAfee
shutdown -r now
Note : If you are not be able to perform any of the above command on terminal then execute the following command before pasting above.
sudo /usr/local/McAfee/uninstall EPM
Once this command is executed successfully you can run rest of the commands easily.
Uninstalling MacAfee Endpoint Protection Without Uninstaller
You can uninstall MacAfee products without any uninstaller and for that you can use the powerful feature of Mac Systems. Here is the guide for that.
1. Click on Finder on the Dock and Select Applications
2. Select the MacAfee Endpoint Protection, right click on the icon and select move to trash.
3. Enter your username and password and click on Ok.
4. Wait for 2 minutes and MacAfee will be completely uninstalled from your Mac.
Everybody knows that most of the antivirus slows down and consumes your system speed and resources but they are developed in such a way to as a protective shield between your Mac and malicious programs.
Some software may trigger the warning alarm of antivirus and to get those installed you can disable antivirus for a temporally period and once the particular software is installed you can enable the antivirus again.
People Also Ask [FAQ]
1. How to uninstall McAfee agent on Mac?
You can uninstall the McAfee agents through the terminal on Mac. You can run sudo /Library/McAfee/cma/scripts/uninstall.sh and wait for the execution. It will take 1-2 minutes for uninstalling all agents and services.
2. How to Disable McAfee Endpoint Security Mac
To disable McAfee Endpoint Security on Mac, you can right click on the system tray icon and select shield control and disable McAfee for 1 hour or permanently.