- Everything About Nexus Mod Manager- Deleting, Uninstalling, Resetting!
- How to Delete All Mods in Nexus mods Manager (NMM)
- About the Nexus Mod Manager
- How to Uninstall Nexus mod Manager?
- Bonus Other Ways
- How to Delete All Mods on Nexus mod Manager?
- How to Reset Nexus mod Manager?
Everything About Nexus Mod Manager- Deleting, Uninstalling, Resetting!
If you are a passionate gamer, you probably know what are mods and how they are used. Mods have the power to take your gaming experience to a whole new level.
Being a gamer, you would surely know that numerous mods constantly keep upgrading themselves and how important it is to keep these mods updated with time.
Keeping up with these numerous mods is crucial to get the best possible experience out of any game. Most of the mods are written by fans of the games. Everything in the game graphics gets improved and updated, allowance of replayability gets added with new quests and landmasses.
Moreover, the constantly updating and improving mods open so many ways for a gamer to play a game that the author of the game rarely imagines.
Managing all these different modes of games might get quite difficult for anyone. This is the reason there are many mod managers available out in the market ( Technic Launcher, Blizzard and Nexus Mod Manager ). One of the most commonly used and famous mod managers is the Nexus mod manager.
The whole process with the mods seems quite tricky and complicated in general. So, all the mod managers are quite the same that way. However, with the nexus mod managers, you will have the promise of authenticity and quality.
If you are a user of NMM or are willing to use it, you would surely have some questions related to the manager and probably want your answers. How to reset nexus mod manager, how to delete all mods in NMM, how to uninstall nexus mod manager- these are some of the most common questions that users keep looking for the answers for. But if you are also trying to find these answers, you are at the right place. Here is a whole guide for you on the tips and steps for managing the nexus mods manager.
Before we look at the various activities you can perform on this mods manager, let us tell you exactly what is offered by it.
How to Delete All Mods in Nexus mods Manager (NMM)
Here is the step-by-step guide to follow:
1. Open the NMM (Nexus Mods Manager)
2. Once the NMM is launched, it will start loading all the games which are already installed on your PC. Click next until you see the NMM Dashboard.
3. All the installed mods will be visible on the dashboard as you can see in the below image.
4. Select the mod you want to delete and then right click on it
Uninstall or Delete >> Delete mod (Permanently) and Uninstall
About the Nexus Mod Manager
Nexus mod manager helps you manage your mods of various games including Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, War Thunder, both versions of Dragon age, and many more.
The NMM helps you install and uninstall your mods cleanly with just a few clicks. One can check for updates and their downloads of the mods easily with the built-in automatic download manager.
Organizing mods in this manager is quite easy and managing the mods by creating a correct load order is also available. Moreover, having a nexus mod manager gives you a repository for almost 160 games and a management system of mods for 17 games.
How to Uninstall Nexus mod Manager?
The reason for uninstalling a nexus mod manager can be something as small as just not needing it anymore. But the process and different ways of it can confuse anyone. So, here are some detailed ways in which you can uninstall the manager completely.
Via Control Panel
This is probably the most used way to uninstall NMM. In the list of your programs and features, the new pieces of programs installed are always added automatically. So, uninstalling a program can be done from the “programs and features” list. Here are the steps on how you can do it for NMM.
- First of all you’ll have to open control panel on your windows OS (XP, Vista, 8, 8.1 or 10)
- You’ll see an option to uninstall a Program. Open it.
- Once the tab is opened, a long list of installed application and software will be shown.
- In the visible list of programs and features, look and click on the nexus mod manager, then click Uninstall to start the process. After this, you will be easily able to uninstall the program.
Via System Restore
System restore is an effective way to restore your computer to a previous state and uninstalls or deletes all the programs that might interfere with the operating of your computer. A system restores point is a must before installing a program. If you have, then you can use system restore to erase the unwanted NMM.
Here are the steps you will have to follow in the process-
- Make sure you have all programs and files closed before you start the process.
- First, right-click Computer on your desktop and select Properties.
3. You will see a system window, click System protection on its left side. This will display a System properties window.
4. Here, you will find the option of System Restore. Click on it and the system restore window will display.
5. Click on the Choose a different restore point and then click Next.
6. You will see a list of dates and times here. Select one and click Next. The date and time you choose will stop the working of all the drivers and programs installed after that date and time. So, make sure that you choose wisely because once the process is done, the only option left to get back the deleted programs will be to re-install all of them.
7. When the Confirm your restore point window appears, click Finish.
8. Reconfirmation will be taken again. Click Yes to reconfirm. And you are done!
Many computer programs come with an executable file called uninst000.exe, uninstall.exe, or anything close to these titles. This file is located in the installation folder of NMM and can be used to uninstall it. When you get to the NMM-
1 check installation folder, look for uninstall.exe or a similar file.
2. Once you’ve located the file, double-click it and follow the wizard’s instructions to fully uninstall it.
Bonus Other Ways
If you plan to uninstall NMM, make sure you remove all of its files from your computer. To ensure the protection of your computer and prevent any further issues, you must uninstall the Nexus Mod Manager completely. The methods for uninstalling NMM described above are all manual. And these manual procedures necessitate a great deal of patience as well as a working knowledge of computers.
So, for those of you who wish to complete this process in no time, here are some more ways.
- Use a third-party uninstaller for the process. Choose a trusted and genuine uninstaller for the process. It will scan your computer to find all the NMM files in one go and help you uninstall them all.
- If the file required to uninstall NMM is corrupted or missing, you might not be able to do the process cleanly. In such cases, reinstalling NMM eases the work. You can run the installer either in the original disk or downloaded file to reinstall the manager. This will help you uninstall the program or even repair it.
These were the most trusted ways in which you can uninstall and delete the nexus mod manager completely from your computer. Although, uninstalling is not the option always available. To fix some minor problems, you might want to know how to delete all nexus mods or how to reset the manager. So, keep reading to know these processes.
How to Delete All Mods on Nexus mod Manager?
Many people believe that the only way to delete all nexus mods is to delete them one by one. However, there is also a way to delete them in the folder. Go to the left of the plugins tab and you will find the “disable all active plugins” option. You can click on this option to uninstall all your mod files at once from your game’s directory. However, some people say that the NMM crashes when mods are collectively deleted in this way.
If you face problem you can delete the all installed mods one by one until your NMM is refreshed with no mods.
How to Reset Nexus mod Manager?
If you have read out how to delete all mods in NMM, the process would tell you that it might not help sometimes. If the crashing of NMM is true, one would not want to take the risk. In some cases, you would want to just delete or uninstall all your mods from the manager and start from scratch, like resetting the NMM. However, there is no such option in the manager as resetting or formatting.
In such a case, an alternate option you can go for is deactivating all the active mods from the manager. This will do exactly what the resetting would. In the nexus mod manager’s interface, when you will find a tool’s icon, click on it. In the pop-up menu, there will be two options visible- “disable all active mods” and “uninstall all active mods“. You can choose any of these options to get your work done.